An important part of the cleaning of the tooth process in which it breaks up and removes plaque from between teeth and at the gum line, where periodontal disease often begins as well as also a bundle of thin nylon filaments or a plastic like teflon or polyethylene ribbon are used to remove food and dental plaque from teeth is known as flossing.
Flossing removes plaque and food particles in places where a toothbrush cannot easily get in touch with under the gum line and between your teeth because plaque build-up can lead to tooth decay and gum disease and this is the important part of the cleaning of the tooth process as well as it gives many health benefits.
Different types for teeth flossing
- Nylon like multifilament floss - Nylon floss is available in many varieties of flavors as well as waxed and unwaxed because this type of floss is composed of many threads of nylon and it may sometimes tear or shred in particular between teeth with tight contact points.
- PTFE like monofilament floss -PTFE like monofilament floss is more costly in which single filament floss slides easily between teeth as well as those with tight spaces between teeth and is virtually shred-resistant when used properly, both types of floss are excellent at removing plaque and debris.
Use different methods for teeth flossing
You can choose a any type of tooth flossing and floss your teeth because this can remove food as well as dental plaque between the teeth then you choose following any flossing type;
- Dental floss for tear off a piece
- Wrap the dental floss
- Wrap loose end
- Grasp the dental floss firmly
- Gently insert dental floss
- Floss under the gum line
- Floss upper and lower teeth
- Don't forget your back teeth
Proper technique for teeth flossing
Starting you can take about 18 inches of floss and twist most of the floss around each middle finger, leaving an inch or two of floss to work with by using this floss.
After you hold the floss tight between your thumbs and index fingers and slide it quietly up-and-down between your teeth.
Kindly curvatures of the floss around the base of each tooth, making sure you goes lower than the gum line as well as never force the floss, as this may cut or contusion fragile gum tissue.
Now, you use clean sections of floss as you move from tooth to tooth as well as to remove the floss and use the same back-and-forth motion to bring the floss up and away from the teeth.
Prevention for teeth flossing
- Do not take a lot of sugary foods as well as drinks.
- Do not use a lot of time traditional floss because it is difficult to use.
- You do not damaging your gum in tooth flossing.
- Do not chewing as well as smoking tobacco.
Tips for teeth flossing
You can take tooth flossing as well as wood sticks and clean between your teeth by using this.
A visit to your dentist is regular when you have any dental problem.
You can use any flosses like super floss as well as professional floss threaders because these are easy to use.
You can take a hot water and clean your mouth by using this water.
Including at the back your outermost back molars keep in mind when to floss all your teeth.
You keep in your mind that there will be some bleeding initially when you start flossing your teeth.