Tooth Restoration is very important among dental treatments. Tooth restoration is treatment for repair missing teeth. Filling is another name of teeth restoration. It is the restore of injured and decayed teeth. This process is used for make normal shape, look and function of teeth. Dental restorations are applied to restore decayed teeth. Durability of tooth restoration is depends upon several things like Patient's dental history, type of restoration, hygiene of teeth, required materials and location of restoration treatment. There are two main type of restoration; Direct restoration and Indirect restoration. Tooth arrangement can be missing due to decay, corrosion previously placed restoration or fracture of teeth. Therefore, tooth restoration is very needful.
Types of Tooth restoration
Restorations contain various types of fillings such as inlays and on lays, veneers, crowns, implants, bridges, and dentures;
- Amalgam restoration - Amalgam restoration is direct type of tooth restoration. In which amalgam are used for filling cavity of teeth. It is combination of two or many metals.
- Bonding restoration - Bonding restoration is consisting of composite resins. Bonding is ideal for cosmetic dentistry.
- Inlay restoration - This is indirect tooth restorations. In this restoration, cemented into the teeth. Mostly inlay are a gold and teeth like in color.
- Onlay restoration - Onlay restoration is also indirect tooth restoration. Onlay is modification of inlay, in which covers also surface of teeth.
- Porcelain veneer restoration - It is indirect type of tooth restoration. In which porcelain shell placed on front of teeth.
- Bridges restoration - This restoration is consist of false teeth.
- Crown restoration - Crown restoration is required for tooth injury, too much tooth decay, spoiled tooth guard, teeth grinding, absent teeth which is need for beautification. This treatment is satisfy your functional needs. It consist of crown like tooth shaped cap are placed on teeth.
- Dentures - It is treatment of tooth restoring for missing teeth. In this case, the application is called a partial denture or an over denture. It includes multiple visits of doctors.
Material for tooth restoration
There are different materials are required for tooth restoration treatment;
- Composite resin
- Ionomers cement
- Metal alloys - Gold, titanium, silver etc.
- Porcelain fused to metal.
- Composite resins