Depression is a feeling of persistent sadness, involving feelings of helplessness and hopelessness. It involves not only mood but also feelings of being physically ill and of not being able to think clearly.
Depression can affect anyone. Once identified, most people diagnosed with depression are successfully treated. Each year over 17 million American adults experience a period of clinical depression. The cost in human suffering cannot be estimated.
Depressive disorders come in different forms, just as is the case with other illnesses such as heart disease. The three of the most common types of depressive disorders are
- Major Depression
- Bipolar Disorder
However, within these types there are variations in the number of symptoms, their severity, and persistence.
Cause of depression
Whatever its cause, depression is not just a state of mind. It is related to physical changes in the brain, and connected to an imbalance of a type of chemical that carries signals in your brain and nerves. These chemicals are called neurotransmitters.
Natural Home remedies for the treatment of Depression
Simple home remedy for depression using cashewnut - The cashewnut is another valuable remedy for general depression and nervous weakness. It is rich in vitamins of the B group, especially thiamine, and is therefore useful in stimulating the appetite and the nervous system. It is also rich in riboflavin which keeps the body active, cheerful, and energetic.
Homemade recipes for depression
Good home remedy for depression using rose petals - An infusion of rose petals should be prepared by mixing 15 gm of rose petals in 250 ml of boiling water. If drunk occasionally, instead of the usual tea and coffee, it is beneficial for treating this condition.
Effective home remedy for depression - Take 2 cardamoms and powder their seeds. In 1 cup boiling water, add these powdered cardamom seeds. Put sugar for taste and drink it twice a day. This will help in reducing depression.
Natural home remedy for depression - Having a professional massage is not only de-stressing and relaxing, but it also increases endorphins, easing depression and inspiring an overall feeling of well-being.
Another domestic remedy for depression is a tea made of Indian basil (tulsi) and sage. Use 1/4 teaspoon tulsi and 1/2 teaspoon of sage per cup of hot water; drink twice a day. This will provide relief from depression.
How to get rid of depression - Getting rid of depression
Herbal home remedy for depression - The root of asparagus has been found useful in the treatment of depression. It is very nutritious and is used as a herbal medicine for mental disorders. One or two grams of the powder of the dry root of the plant can be taken once daily.
Traditional natural home remedy for depression - The root of asparagus is useful in the treatment of depression. One or two grams of the powder of the dry root of asparagus can be taken once daily. This is one of the good natural remedies for depression.
Home Remedies, dietery tips and Cures for depression
Diet also has a profound effect in treating the depression. The person who is facing depression problem should have a balanced diet as any deficiency in any nutrition may trigger the situation.
- Vitamin B1 - is essential for energy production and nerve cell function.
- Vitamin B3 - Vitamin B deficiency has been associated with depression ans anxiety.
- Vitamin B5 - Vitamin B5 is active in the formation of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine, which can be involved in some depression and anxiety.
- Vitamin B6 - Vitamin B6 has a major importance in regulating your mood disorders and is the most implicated of all the vitamins in the cause and treatment od depression.
- Vitamin B12 - The mental changes caused by deficiency of Vitamin B12 can raise from difficulty in concentrating or remembering, mental fatigue and low moods, to a severe depression, intense agitation etc.
- Vitamin B9
Natural Herbs for treating depression
- St. John Wort (Hypericum perforatum)
- 5HTP (5-hydroxytryptophan)
- Ginkgo Biloba
- Kava Kava
- Clarocet NRI helps to balance specific nutrients and chemicals in the body that have been known to assist in the process of neurotransmitter reuptake.
Herbal nutrients for controlling depression
- Omega-3 fatty acid are also thought to be absolutely necessary to healthy mental functioning.