When you have painful stinging or burning sensation as a result of repeated rubbing action is known as chafing. The Chafing affected area is usually red and raw and touching or getting water on the affected area may cause a burning sensation. It is commonly occurs wherever sweat and skin meet, most often the underarms, near the groin region, crotch, inner thighs and nipples.
How do you get chafing?
Excess amount of fat around the arms and inner region of the thighs is the main reason for chafing, because the fat produces friction during movement which leads to chafing. Due to exercise in which your body part gets friction with skin or cloth or create excessive sweating then in that case you will have to meet with rashes and chafing.
Apply homemade ointment at the affected area. You can make by mixing Vaseline, ointment of vitamin A and D, cream of Vitamin E and aloevera in right quantity. This ointment will help to heal chafing quickly. You can make another ointment with the mixing of oatmeal and olive oil and apply on the chafing area for 30 to 40 minutes. Cornstarch is also inexpensive way to get rid of chafing. After washing the affected area with antibacterial soap apply liberal amount of cornstarch on that area.
If you have chafing for more than 2 or 3 days then you should have to consult with dermatologist.
Some Readymade products for Chafing
Monistat Soothing Care Chafing Relief Powder and Gel is the readymade product. Apply this on the affected area for 3-4 times in a day.
Use Calendula Herbal Products. Calendula ointment or cream application that is available readymade, is also a natural skin remedy. Doctors also suggest for this ointment for healing chafing. The therapeutic remedy is sold ready-made at natural-health stores.
How to prevent Chafing
- Fight with sweat, for that make fewer chances for excess sweating. Use talcum Powder inside your thigh and underarms which soaks the sweat. Some clothes are also designed to combat sweat for athletes.
- Use should wear cotton cloths instead of nylon cloths. Cotton cloth help to absorb sweat.
- Chafing can caused by loose running cloth. By wearing the right cloth you can get rid of Chafing. It means if your too baggy cloth then it might not be protecting inside of the legs. You should wear skin tight cloth that will add a protective layer to prevent chafing.
- Use Petroleum jelly on that body part where you usually get chafing, it will help to lubricate the skin.
- Wrap plaster to the sensitive area to prevent further Chafing.
- Proper hydration is also important to prevent it, so drink plenty of water to prevent dehydration.
- Make sure that your skin is dry because dry skin prevents chafing.
- Anyone who is suffering from chaffed skin regular basis then they should eat food including vitamin A, vitamin C, zinc, and beta-carotene rich foods in their diet.