Ants are one of the most common pests as well as most widely known insects in the world. Ants can be found virtually where food and water prevalent. Ants can forms colonies anywhere may be in your kitchen. We never like to see ants in our kitchen. So this should alert you to rid of ants from your kitchen, here are few solutions against an ant invasion.
Keep your Kitchen clean
Ants tend to be driven to find food, so ants specially can be found onto the honey, sugar, fruit juice and edible things. Keep your kitchen, sink, slab, tables, counterparts clean and spray mild bleach cleaner to keep away ants. Sweep, vacuum and mop your kitchen and home regularly. Keep food in the airtight container and refrigerate perishable food. Also wipe off your kitchen platform with using peppermint oil because ants hate the smell of it.
Home Remedies to get rid of ant
- White vinegar works fast and effectively, spread it in the affected area by ants such as kitchen cabinets, doors, windows, shelves, corners etc. It is the most common and easy home remedy for killing ants.
- Crush dried mint leaves and spread the powder in areas that are prone to Ant attack. Mint tea bags can also be used. This is also considered to be one of the effective home remedies to kill ants.
- You can make poison to get the ants scuttling about their food hunting .Mix Boric acid powder with sugar and water. Borax will affect ants internally when they drink water after eating it.
- Pour boil hot water on the area where the ants your find in your kitchen.
- Use cornmeal on the trail of ant, it will also kill the ants.
- Make a mixture of Garlic, onion and cayenne pepper and set it for an hour, after that add a tablespoon of dishwashing cleaner and put into a spray bottle and use to kill ants.
- Find out where they're coming in and sprinkle ground cloves and/or crushed bay leaves in the area. Ants absolutely can't stand cloves and they feel the same about bay leaves.
Create a Barrier for Ants
Spreading chili powder on the hives and nests of ants to prevent ants entering your house. And seal doors windows, pipes and those cracks through which ants can crawl with caulk. Talc and salt can also be spread under doors, near walls and window to create barriers for ants.
Kill the ant trail
First you have to recommended the entry point and create a barrier such as talc, petroleum jelly so that ants cannot come out then spray the trail with the bleach solution and collect them and rinse into the drain.
Locate the ant nest
This is the least recommended option. Find the ant nest may be in your house or around the house and dump boil water into the nest it will destroy completely nest of ant.