Cockroaches are one of the oldest groups of insects since the time of dinosaurs. The history of Cockroaches is that they present on the earth for over 300 years. There are approx 3500 spices of roaches worldwide, and among them 60 spices found in US. There are 4 spices are common in northeast that is American Cockroach, Brown Banded Cockroach, Germen Cockroach and Oriental Cockroach.
They can Survive in many changing environment because their diet is any organic thing. Roaches attracted to warm and moist environment, mostly they like to live in your houses. Their secluded sites are under and in refrigerators, stoves, false bottoms in kitchen cabinets, in the backs of cabinets and in crevices between baseboards and floors or cabinets, behind pictures or within electronic equipments. They come out from their sites in the night for searching food and water. They can be infested in cars, trains and plains also. A Cockroach can live almost a month without food and almost 2 weeks without water.
First Prevent Cockroaches to get in Your House
This should be your first step to make your home environment which is not friendly for the roaches and will not enter to your home such as:
- Eliminate the source of food and water for the cockroaches and don’t allow dirty dishes in the sink remain there whole night.
- After cooking wipe off your counter and sweep up your floor.
- Keep food in airtight container and keep open bag in tight lid container. Keep Pet food in tight container
- Remove Garbage Regularly from your house and keep outside garbage covered.
- If any leaks or spills are there around the kitchen and other area use a simple caulking gun to seal up any holes.
- Cat will keep after those roaches that are wandering in your house, so you can get cat as a pet in your house.
Cockroaches hate the smell of Bay leaves; sprinkle the crush of bay leaves in the corner of your kitchen cabinet and corner of house, this helps you to stay far away without killing of them. Like Bay leaves the Catnip also have same effects, sprinkle it around your house to make your house roaches free.
Cockroach bait is good for use because it is childproof and its slow poisoning will kill cockroaches in large numbers. You can make home maid Bait very easily make a mixture of Boric Powder, Milk Powder, Dalda Ghee, Cooked plain Rice and make very small bolls of content put it in all corner of your kitchen, bathroom and house and repeat after 5-6 month again.
Apply Readymade Liquid Spray
This is also good option, you can buy readymade available in market cockroach Spray and can kill them on the spot by spraying and spray in the places where they are hiding and in drains holes.
Call Pest Controller
This is the best solution if your house has been occupied by the cockroaches and you are not able to get rid of them. Professional will do their job very well.