If you are unable to find Thai basil you can substitute it with ordinary English basil.
- 2 cups mixed salad leaves
- 1/4 continental cucumber, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh Thai basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Vietnamese mint, chopped
- 1/4 long red chilli, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 red capsicum, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
Combine all ingredients, toss well and serve as a side-dish to carbohydrate or protein style meals.
Total cooking time: 5 minutes preparation
Serves: 2 side-dish servings