Lebanese eggplants, used in this recipe, are the long thin shaped egg plants. You should easily be able to find them at your local supermarket or fruit and vegetable store.
- 1/2 red onion, end left intact, cut into wedges
- 6 asparagus spears, trimmed
- 2 Lebanese eggplants, halved lengthways
- 1 baby yellow squash, quartered
- 1 Roma tomato, halved
- 1 zucchini, halved lengthways, then quartered
- 4 tablespoons olive oil .
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 50g(1.5oz)feta, crumbled
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
In a bowl combine onion, asparagus, eggplant, squash, tomato, zucchini, oil, oregano and seasoning. Toss together well to coat vegetables in oil, oregano and seasoning. Arrange vegetables on a baking tray and cook at 180°C (350°P) for 1 hour. Remove from oven and serve onto plates, scatter over feta cheese and parsley.
Serve as a protein-style side-dish.
Total cooking time: 10 minutes preparation, 1 hour cooking