Taurine supplement is a semi-essential amino acid found in many tissues. It plays an important role in metabolism and found in the central nervous system, heart muscle, skeletal muscle and white blood cells. If adults do not contain enough taurine then the deficiency can be corrected by the taurine supplement. The quantity of taurine is available high in dairy products, eggs, fish proteins and meats. It is considered as an important part of human nutrition and a building block for all the other amino acids. Taurine supplement is essential for mammalian development and other developmental problems like retinal degeneration and growth retardation.
It is also helpful in treating conditions such as cardiovascular diseases, cystic fibrosis, seizure disorders, epilepsy and alzheimers. It is used to absorb fat-soluble vitamins and fats. Taurine is mostly found in high concentration in skeletal system, retina, platelets, brain, smooth muscle, myocardium and neutrophils.
Who is likely to be deficient?
Most people consisting vegetarians do not require taurine supplements. Infants obtain taurine from the human milk or formula. Diabetic patient notice lower blood levels of taurine as compared to non-diabetics.
Significance of L-Taurine Supplement for Bodybuilding
Decrease in taurine levels results into reduction of nitric oxide production. Nitric oxide gas plays an important role in the muscle contraction and this widens the blood channels which makes the blood flow and provides greater nutrient and oxygen delivery. Nitric oxide is mostly required by the bodybuilders. This supplement reduces deficiencies and maintains nitric oxide production.
One can take this supplement in more than 1.5-6gms per day for the treatment of various medical conditions.
- Taurine is helpful in guarding against diabetes.
- It helps to maintain the cell membranes and controls the movement of magnesium, potassium and sodium.
- It acts as an antioxidant and helps in reinforcing of the immune system.
- It is regarded as a component which is available in the form of bile and required for controlling of serum cholesterol levels and for digestion of fats.
- It helps in stabilizing heart rhythm, strengthening the heart muscle and prevents blood clots.
- It is also helpful in lowering blood pressure, improves respiratory and cardiac function.
- No long term side effects noticed with the use of this supplement.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- Taurine supplement contains no drug.