Tribulus Terrestris is an herb which is used as medicine around the world. It is used as a nutritional supplement and extracted from the plant. Chinese use this herb for centuries in the treatment of dizziness, liver, premature ejaculation and headaches. It is a flowering plant which is grown mostly in Southern Asia, Southern Europe and Southern Africa. It can also be found in poor soil and desert climates. This is also known as Yellow Vine, Puncture Vine, Goathead and Caltrop.
Some people have used this plant and found that it is helpful in supporting healthy libido function, promoting overall health, increasing muscle tone and boosting moods. It contains alkaloids, steroidal saponins and flavanoids. It is helpful in treating sexual dysfunction in various countries and enables identification of its ingredient known as protodioscin.
Ingredients in Tribulus Terrestris
- Purified Water
- Magnesium Stearate
There are some facts about Tribulus Terrestris and they are:-
- It is helpful in building strength and muscle.
- It is ecologically pure.
- It is not a hormone and safe to use.
- It is considered to be very effective and clinically proven in enhancing vitality and energy.
- It is a natural aid to help male infertility, low libido and impotence.
This supplement is used by the bodybuilders and is used to boost the testosterone properties. With the use of this supplement, there is an increase of 50 percent in the testosterone levels. Some prohormones and steroids are used by the athletes to enhance performance and helpful in building strength and muscle. Its function is different from DHEA and Andro. Tribulus Terrestris increases lutenizing hormone in the body by increasing testosterone.
Tribulus Terrestris Research and Studies
All the studies and research have shown positive results and contain no adverse effects on the body. There are some findings on this supplement and they are:-
- In 20 males and females, about 80 percent people have shown increased sexual performance and libido and about 75 percent people have shown increased endurance and 95 percent of females have reported no symptoms of PMS.
- The individuals taking 750mg of this supplement per day showed an increase of 41 percent of testosterone and 72 percent of LH.
- The study shows an increase in sperm production.
Take 1-2 capsules daily one in the morning and the other in the evening with the meals. Better results can be seen if it is taken with the exercise program and low-fat diet.
Side Effects of Tribulus Terrestris
One can experience a stomach problem if this supplement is being taken with food. Some side effects include slightly faster heart beat, more energy, restlessness and feeling warmer. There are no adverse side effects of this supplement.